Thursday, July 5, 2012

OhMeSoSassy

Hello all, I'm the Sassy Teacher! I am about to begin my first full year of teaching! I am BEYOND excited!!! I graduated from East Carolina University in Greenville, NC in December 2011. Go Pirates!!!!


 I started my first job as a kindergarten teacher, in January 2012. It was a wonderful experience. My poor kiddos had had 3, count 'em, 3 teachers this year. They started the year with a pregnant teacher, then had a substitute teacher during the maternity leave. During said maternity leave, the first teacher just couldn't leave her precious little one (who could blame her?), so I was hired!!!


Now, while being lead teacher was a new experience, I am not a novice in the classroom. I worked as a Teaching Assistant in kindergarten for 11 years at the best school in the world. It was during this time that I decided to go back to college and earn my teaching degree, while raising two precious boys, who are now young men! All of my coursework was via the Distance Education program at ECU. That was a great way to work, raise a family and get a quality education.


 I loved my team and we were like family.  I student taught in a different school for a semester and then was offered a job at another, so I was away from my peeps for an entire year. But, I am pleased to say that I am BACK!!! I am excited and nervous. I haven't been a teacher at the beginning of the school year, which can be challenging for any grade level, but is extremely challenging in kindergarten. These babies cannot do anything!!! But I'm up for the challenge!


All of that being said, this is my first blog post and I look forward to many more in the future. I hope to begin making products and posting here and in a teacher store. I do have Pinterest, and when I figure out how to link to my boards, I will!!


Thanks for reading,


~The Sassy Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment